DATE: 4-7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 15, 2017
EVENT: The University of Michigan Bicentennial Detroit Festival
A ceremony to commemorate the 1817 founding of the University of Michigan in Detroit and 200 years of history with emcee Carmen Harlan, U-M alumnus, Emmy award-winning journalist and retired WDIV-TV news anchor.
- Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan
- U-M President Mark Schlissel
- Frank Ettawageshik, executive director, United Tribes of Michigan
- U-M Regent Michael Behm
- U-M School of Music, Theatre and Dance students
- Mosaic Youth Theatre of Detroit
- U-M Marching Band Alumni Band
Booths, live musical performances, food trucks, exhibits and more to celebrate U-M and Detroit.
LOCATION: Grand Circus Park West, 1572 Woodward Ave., Detroit
INFORMATION: All events free and open to the public.
SPONSOR: University of Michigan Bicentennial Office
INFORMATION: U-M Bicentennial: bicentennial.umich.edu